In this final part of her 3 part series, our community member Tejupriya has reviewed Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution, Bioderma Sebium H2O and Bioderma Hydrobio H2O as makeup removers for oily and acne prone skin. Read why Bioderma Sensibio is one of the most popular makeup removers in the world and where to find it in India.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
A micelle (pronounced my-cell) solution in layman terms is soapy molecules dispersed in a liquid (mostly water). If this bubbles your curiousity, read more about micelle solutions here.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide
I stumbled upon this product when anamikadeewan mentioned it. Thank you!
It is one of the most sought out products in the world.
- Fantastic product, mild, fragrance-free, oil-free, alcohol-free, water based
- Very light and removes all traces of even water proof make up
- No skin irritation or oily residue after use
- No rinse required. Just to be doubly sure I use a facewash afterwards
- No breakouts
- Non-comedogenic. Suitable for all skin types including oily/prone skin
- The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH)
- Though rarely, it has been reported to irritate sensitive eyes. To avoid eye irritation, don’t let it get directly into the eyes, which can happen if you drench the cotton pad in it.
This is one of the best make up removers I have used till date. I love this and use it everyday. The only issue is that it is expensive and availability is a problem. It is available online and at reputable pharmacies
Another micelle solution makeup remover is Vichy Purete Cleansing Micellar solution(for oily and sensitive skin). It is available in India at beauty stores and online shopping websites. It has all round positive reviews for acne prone skin. Hexylene glycol is mildly comedogenic.
Ingredients: Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Poloxamer 184, Rosa Gallica, Pathenol, Dihydrocholeth-30, Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Parfum.
Bioderma has two other variants that are not easily available in India yet.
Bioderma Sebium H2O
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sodium Citrate , Zinc Gluconate, Copper Sulfate, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide, Fragrance (Parfum)
- Suitable for oily to combination skin.
- Gently cleanses the skin without drying it, through the micro-emulsion of impurities and excess sebum
- Deep cleans and regulates secretion of sebum. The patented sebo-correcting complex, fluidactiv® normalises sebum quality
- Guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (fancy words for – won’t irritate skin or eyes)
Bioderma Hydrobio H2O
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Peg-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Rhamnose, Mannitol, Xylitol, Fructooligosaccharides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hexyldecanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Niacinamide, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide, Fragrance (Parfum)
- No majorly comedogenic ingredients except castor oil and maybe glycerin
- This could work for APST 1 and 2 that ranges on the drier side
Submit your review