Which is a good benzoyl peroxide gel or cream for acne in India? Where can I get benzoyl peroxide cream or benzoyl peroxide lotion in India? Should I use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel or the 5% one for better results?
The most popular benzoyl peroxide gel in India seems to be Benzac-AC gel (Galderma) which is available in 2.5% and 5% concentrations. The price of Benzac-AC gel versions is Rs. 67 & Rs. 74.
Other options are given below. They are all available at medical stores.
- Persol (2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 5% benozyl peroxide) gel – price Rs. 27 & Rs. 37
- Persol Forte (10% benzoyl peroxide, 5% sulphur) – price Rs. 50
- Periac (2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 5% benozyl peroxide) gel – price Rs. 49 & Rs. 59
- Brevoxyl (4% benzoyl peroxide) cream – price Rs. 93
- Abenz (5% benzoyl peroxide) gel – price Rs. 59
- Actiben (2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 5% benozyl peroxide) gel – price Rs. 30 & Rs. 40
- Akneroxid (5% benzoyl peroxide) gel – Rs. 35Benzoyl peroxide is best used in consultation with a dermatologist. It has side effects ranging from skin irritation to adverse effects on a developing foetus during pregnancy. Also, their accompanying leaflets contain information about how to use them.