While selecting a bronzer for oily / acne prone skin, you need to be sure that it doesn’t contain any of the highly comedogenic ingredients. Today’s post covers non-comedogenic bronzers available in India.
A bronzer is used to achieve a sun-kissed look. In English it means that you look beautifully tanned and glowing like you’ve been enjoying the sun. It can warm up pale or dull complexions.
You might wonder – why would I want to look darker or tanned? It is not so much about looking darker as it is about adding a definition and glow to your face.
Used on dark skin, it can add a definition to the face and bring a healthy glow. If your skin is very dark, you might invest in a highlighter product. We’ll cover that in later posts.
On wheatish skin tones, a bronzer with a hint of shimmer looks good. A matte bronzer, on the other hand can be used for contouring the face – such as a thinner nose, pronounced cheekbones and a slimmer face.
If you fear over-application, swirl your brush on the bronzer, then swirl it on a compact powder to kind of dilute it, then apply to the face.
- NYX Matte Bronzer contains ethylhexyl palmitate which is comedogenic. If any of the popular BB creams has broken you out, this bronzer almost certainly will.
- NYX Bronzer Powder contains corn starch which doesn’t go down well with acne prone skin. It may still work for you, but just so you know.
- Lakme Absolute Sun-Kissed Bronzer – without the ingredient list it is hard to say if it is non-comedogenic or not.
- Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer – without the ingredient list it is hard to say if it is non-comedogenic or not.
- Colorbar Shimmer Magic in Mesmerizing Bronze – contains ethylhexyl palmitate which is comedogenic. If any of the popular BB creams has broken you out, this bronzer almost certainly will. This is a round compact, different from Colorbar Shimmer Bar mentioned above.
I’m going to leave you with a bronzing tutorial.