This is a review of Johnson’s Baby Top-to-Toe Wash and its suitability for acne prone skin. While there are lots of face washes that have anti-bacterial, exfoliating and scrubbing ingredients, it helps to have a “neutral face wash” on hand at all times.
Priced at Rs. 35 for 50 ml, Johnson’s Baby Top-to-Toe Wash is a neutral cleanser that cleans well and is economical, too. It is gaining popularity among acne circles. Read on to know why.
First, what is a neutral face wash? A neutral cleanser doesn’t do anything except clean the skin. No exfoliation, no bacteria killing, no mattifying, no extra moisturizing, nothing.
It is especially useful on days when your face is begging for a break from all the “treatment” type face washes. It can also be your everyday cleanser when you are already using strong acne treatments like Retino-A or Adapalene etc.
Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion and Kaya Skin Clinic Soothing Cleansing Gel are neutral face washes. Cetaphil can leave the skin feeling greasy and not fully clean. Kaya Skin Clinic Soothing Cleansing Gel is a bit expensive. Johnson’s Baby Top-to-Toe Wash falls somewhere between the two.
Johnson’s Baby Top-to-Toe Wash is a gel based wash that is meant for babies. It washes off with a little difficulty, but is generally mild and well tolerated.
ingredients: water, cocamidopropyl betaine, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, sodium laureth sulphate, sodium lauroamphoacetate, PEG 150 distearate, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid
- Suitable for oily skin.
- Removes makeup and sunscreen.
- Generally well tolerated by sensitive and acne prone skin.
- Easy availability.
- Like almost 95% of the face washes, it does have Sodium Laureth Sulphate which can cause skin irritation in particularly sensitive skin.
- The preservatives methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone are potential skin irritants and can cause allergic reactions on the skin. (not something you’d expect from a baby product)
- PEG 150 distearate is comedogenic.
If you’re in the market for a budget neutral cleanser, you might check it out.
Submit your review