This is a review of Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti Imperfection Hydrating Care for acne prone skin.
The price of Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti Imperfection Hydrating Care is Rs. 590 for 30 ml. It is available at Health & Glow stores and online at medplusbeauty.com
ingredients: water, glycerin, alcohol denat., dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, methylsilanol / silicate crosspolymer, silica, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, C 13-14 isoparaffin, blue 1, titanium dioxide, zinc PCA, glycolic acid, licorice root extract, salicylic acid, sodium hydroxide, sodium polyacrylate, poloxamer 338, nylon-12, disodium EDTA, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, laureth-7, eperua falcata bark extract, dextrin, acrylates / C 10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polyacrylamide, perfum.
The 3 active ingredients of Tri-Activ formula are:
Lipo-Hydroxy Acid (LHA) 0.14%
Salicylic Acid 0.5%
Glycolic Acid 0.175%
Even AHAGlow face wash has a greater percentage of glycolic acid than this (1%). And if you add in Clean & Clear Skin Balancing Moisturizer, you’ve made up for the 0.5% salicylic acid as well. That leaves the LHA component.
LHA is a derivative of salicylic acid. A study showed that LHA is effective for mild to moderate acne on skin that cannot tolerate strong acne treatments like benzoyl peroxide.
- Silica and alcohol keep skin matte.
- Glycerin keeps dry acne prone skin hydrated.
- Licorice extract along with peeling agents lightens dark acne spots.
- Eperua falcata bark extract in it fights against inflammation and aging.
- Mild cases of acne (small pimples without too much swelling) will see a difference.
- The 3rd ingredient is denatured alcohol. It can irritate sensitive skin.
- The 4th ingredient is dimethicone, which is a mildly comedogenic silicone.
- Low percent of actives.
Due to a low percentage of peeling agents, Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti Imperfection Hydrating Care is only suitable for mild cases of acne. With its silica, alcohol and silicone content, it can be useful as a mattifying primer, but not exactly an acne cream for moderate to severe acne. For that, it is a bit pricey.
Submit your review